Respiratory Tract Opsumit (Generic) Generic drugs, marketed without brand names, contain the exact same active ingredients used in their brand-name counterparts, but cost significantly less. The drugs are required to meet US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards for safety, purity and effectiveness.
Macitentan has been shown to reduce blood pressure in the lungs, making it easier for the heart to circulate blood throughout the body. Macitentan is a medication that is utilized in the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Your capacity for exercise will increase, and the progression of your disease will be halted as a result.
What is Opsumit?
Opsumit lowers blood pressure in your lungs, helping your heart pump blood more efficiently.
Opsumit is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). It improves your ability to exercise and prevents your condition from getting worse.
Opsumit is available to women only under a special program from a certified pharmacy. You must be registered in the program and understand the risks and benefits of taking this medication.
Do not use Opsumit if you are pregnant. Tell your doctor right away if you miss a menstrual period or think you may have become pregnant during treatment. You must use highly effective birth control methods to prevent pregnancy while you are using this medication and for at least 30 days after your treatment ends.
You will need to have a negative pregnancy test before you start taking Opsumit. You will also be re-tested every month during your treatment, and 1 month after you stop taking this medicine.
Before taking this medicine
You should not use Opsumit if you are allergic to macitentan, or if you are pregnant or might become pregnant during treatment.
To make sure this medicine is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have ever had:
• liver disease;
• heart disease; or
• anemia (low red blood cells).
This medication can harm an unborn baby or cause birth defects. Do not use Opsumit if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant. Tell your doctor right away if you miss a menstrual period or think you may have become pregnant during treatment.
You will need to have a negative pregnancy test before starting this treatment. You will be re-tested every month during your treatment, and 1 month after you stop taking this medicine.
Even if you are not planning a pregnancy, you are considered able to become pregnant if:
• you have entered puberty (even if you have not yet started having periods);
• you have never had a hysterectomy or had your ovaries removed; or
• you have not gone through menopause (you have never gone 12 months in a row without a menstrual period).
While taking Opsumit and for 30 days after your last dose, you must use a highly effective form of birth control, or two methods together.
• A tubal ligation alone is an effective birth control method.
• An intrauterine device (IUD) or birth control implant alone are also effective birth control methods.
• If you use birth control pills, injections, skin patches, or vaginal rings, you must use a back-up barrier form of birth control, such as a condom or diaphragm or cervical cap. Always use a spermicide gel or insert together with a barrier form of birth control.
• If you use only a barrier method, you must use a second barrier method as a back-up. For example, use a diaphragm or cervical cap in addition to a condom, plus a spermicide gel or insert.
• If your sexual partner has had a vasectomy, you must still use a second method of birth control--either a barrier method or a hormonal form (birth control pills, injections, skin patch, or vaginal ring).
Opsumit comes with patient instructions about acceptable forms of birth control to use while taking this medicine. Follow these directions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
If you are the parent or caregiver of a female child taking this medication, talk to the child's doctor once you notice any signs of puberty (breast development or pubic hair), even if menstrual periods have not yet begun.
Macitentan can decrease sperm count and may affect fertility in men (your ability to have children).
You should not breast-feed while using this medicine.
How should I take Opsumit?
Take Opsumit exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
You may take this medicine with or without food.
Swallow the Opsumit tablet whole and do not crush, chew, or break the tablet.
While using Opsumit, you may need frequent blood tests.
Store at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line at 1-800-222-1222.
What to avoid
Do not have unprotected sex while taking Opsumit. You must use birth control to prevent pregnancy during treatment and for at least 30 days after you stop taking this medicine.
Opsumit side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any signs of an allergic reaction to Opsumit: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Opsumit and call your doctor at once if you have:
• pain or burning when you urinate;
• swelling, rapid weight gain;
• liver problems - nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or
• new lung problems - anxiety, sweating, pale skin, severe shortness of breath, wheezing, gasping for breath, cough with foamy mucus, chest pain, fast or uneven heart rate.
Common Opsumit side effects may include:
• stuffy nose, sinus pain, sore throat;
• a bladder infection;
• headache; or
• flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches).
My delivery arrived in a little less than a week and there were no issues whatsoever. Strongly suggested as an option.
It was my very first time placing an order at
and I promise that this won't be the final time I do so! They provided everything I required in one convenient location, and the rates were the lowest I could find elsewhere online.
When I used to purchase my medications online, the shipping costs were rather pricey, therefore I stopped doing so. When I found this website, I was overjoyed to learn that they provide free delivery in a discrete manner. I am making big strides in my financial savings.
The prices that can be found at cannot be compared.
to any other location on the internet. These are, by far, the most affordable pricing!
This website is fantastic since it offers such a diverse range of goods, which is one of its many strengths. Because I wasn't satisfied with the ED product that I was using at the time, I was given the opportunity to test out a new kind and determine whether or not it was a better match for my requirements. Which one did it!
For years, I have been purchasing brand-name medications, and it has never once occurred to me how much more cost-effective the generic alternatives are. When I first started looking through the things, I couldn't believe how much of a difference there was in the prices. At the moment, I like to shop at this establishment.
Because I always bought my prescription at a store, I wasn't quite confident about the possibility of purchasing it online. I had a conversation with one of their customer service representatives, and they were quite kind. They assisted me in understanding how the system operates, and they enabled me to feel lot more at ease with my order.