Cancer Xeloda (Generic) Generic drugs, marketed without brand names, contain the exact same active ingredients used in their brand-name counterparts, but cost significantly less. The drugs are required to meet US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) standards for safety, purity and effectiveness.
Generic Xeloda is an antimetabolite. It works by interfering with the production of proteins necessary for cancer cell growth and reproduction. Treating certain types of breast, colon, or colorectal cancer in some patients.
What is this medicine?
CAPECITABINE is an antimetabolite. It works by interfering with the production of proteins necessary for cancer cell growth and reproduction. Treating certain types of breast, colon, or colorectal cancer in some patients. It may be used alone or with other medicines in some cases.
How should I use this medicine?
Use capecitabine as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- An extra patient leaflet is available with capecitabine. Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
- Take capecitabine with food or within 30 minutes after a meal.
- Swallow capecitabine whole with water. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
- It is recommended to use gloves and safety glasses to avoid exposure in case a tablet breaks. If powder from a broken tablet comes into contact with skin, wash the skin immediately with soap and water. If powder comes into contact with your mouth, nose, or eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
- If you miss a dose of capecitabine, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once. Check with your doctor if you miss a dose.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use capecitabine.
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
- Capecitabine may cause dizziness. This effect may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use capecitabine with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Capecitabine may lower the ability of your body to fight infection. Avoid contact with people who have colds or infections. Do not touch your eyes or the inside of your nose unless you have thoroughly washed your hands first. Tell your doctor if you notice signs of infection like fever, sore throat, rash, or chills.
- Capecitabine may reduce the number of clot-forming cells (platelets) in your blood. Avoid activities that may cause bruising or injury. Tell your doctor if you have unusual bruising or bleeding. Tell your doctor if you have dark, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Avoid vaccinations with live virus vaccines (eg, measles, mumps, oral polio) while you are taking capecitabine. Vaccinations may be less effective.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take capecitabine before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Lab tests, including complete blood cell counts and blood electrolytes, may be performed while you take capecitabine. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Talk with your doctor about using an effective method of birth control while taking capecitabine.
- Use capecitabine with caution in the ELDERLY; they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially nausea; vomiting; diarrhea; and pain, redness, and swelling of the hands or feet.
- Capecitabine should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Capecitabine has been shown to cause harm to the fetus. Do not become pregnant while you are taking it. Talk with your doctor about using effective methods of birth control while taking capecitabine. If you think you may be pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of taking capecitabine while you are pregnant. It is not known if capecitabine is excreted in breast milk. Do not breast-feed while taking capecitabine.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line.Symptoms may include diarrhea; nausea; stomach irritation and bleeding; vomiting.
What should I watch for while using this medicine?
Some medical conditions may interact with capecitabine. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription (particularly blood thinners) or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement (vitamin E, aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen)
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of heart, kidney, or liver problems; bone marrow problems; or pain, redness, swelling, tingling, or tenderness of the palms of the hands or soles of the feet (hand-and-foot syndrome)
- if you have nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, inflammation or sores in the mouth, or an infection
- if you are undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy, or if you take folic acid or vitamins that contain folic acid
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with capecitabine. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) because the risk of bleeding may be increased by capecitabine
- Leucovorin because the risk of severe intestinal problems, diarrhea, and dehydration may be increased
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) because their side effects may be increased by capecitabine
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if capecitabine may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
What side effects may I notice from this medicine?
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Back, joint, or muscle pain; constipation; dizziness; eye irritation; headache; itchy or dry skin; loss of appetite; mild nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea; stomach pain; taste changes; tiredness; trouble sleeping; upset stomach; weakness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry stools; bloody diarrhea; chest, jaw, or left arm pain; decreased amount of urine; discolored skin; dry mouth or eyes; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever higher than 100.5 degrees F, chills, or sore throat; hair loss; increased thirst; leg pain or swelling; moderate to severe nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea; mood or mental changes (eg, depression); nail problems; numbness of an arm or leg; numbness, pain, tingling, blistering, swelling, or redness in the palms of the hands or soles of the feet; pain, redness, swelling, or sores in the mouth or throat; persistent cough or wheezing; shortness of breath; sudden, severe headache or vomiting; swelling in the legs, ankles, or feet; unusual bleeding or bruising; unusual tiredness or weakness; vision changes; yellowing of the eyes or skin.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.
Proper storage of capecitabine:
Store capecitabine at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep capecitabine out of the reach of children and away from pets.
I got my package in just under a week with no problems at all! Highly recommended.
It was my first time ordering at
and it definitely won’t be my last! They had all the items I needed in one place and the
prices are the best I could find online.
I used to buy my meds online but I had to pay a good amount for shipping. When I found this site I was thrilled to see they offer free discreet shipping. I am saving significantly more money.
You cannot compare the prices found at
to anywhere else online. These are the best prices by far!
What’s great about this site is they have such a wide selection of products. I wasn’t happy with my current ED product was using, so I was able to try out a different kind and see if it was a better fit for my needs. Which it was!
I have been buying brand meds name for years and it never crossed my mind how much cheaper the generic versions were. When I started browsing the items I couldn’t believe the price difference! This is my go to shop right now.
I wasn’t quite sure about buying my medication online as I always bought it in store. I spoke to one of their support reps and they were really nice and helped to explain how it works and made me feel much more comfortable with my order!